Cleaning Services – Terms and Conditions
NOTE: PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY APPOINTING A SERVICE YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE, FROM TIME TO TIME IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION. WE WILL NOTIFY YOU OF AMENDMENTS TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY POSTING THEM TO THIS WEBSITE.
- All estimates are given based on national average room sizes.
- Any estimate is only an estimate based on the property being left in a reasonable cleanliness state and may change once the cleaners sight the property.
- We reserve the right to alter the estimate upon viewing the property if bedrooms are larger than 12 square metres, living rooms are larger than 15 square metres, hallways larger than 4 square meters, rugs larger than 12 square meters or bathrooms and kitchen are larger than described.
- We also reserve the right to change the estimate if the property conditions are different to those described or the customer’s original requirements are altered.
- The customer is to provide access to the property when the service is due to be performed. If he/she is not available at the appointed time the customer is responsible for providing us access to the keys. Failure to provide access is subject to a $150 cancellation/postponement fee.
- Running water and electricity must be available within the property where the cleaning service is to be carried out. Failure to provide these is subject to a $150 non-refundable fee.
- Payment is to be made by bank transfer or credit card prior to the day of the Service. The customer is obligated to make the payment before our team starts the service.
- To hold a slot for the Service, card details must be provided, regardless of the confirmed payment method.
- If paying by bank transfer, this has to be completed no later than 24 hours prior to the Service’s time. We reserve the right to cancel an appointment if no payment has been received.
- If Paying by cash it has to be Made on the day before start of the job.
- Where Spotless End of Lease Cleaning has agreed to invoice a customer for payment of fees after the Service has been completed, the Customer agrees to pay in full, all fees due, within 7 days of the invoice date.
- The Customer agrees that if Spotless End of Lease Cleaning has not received payment in full for the Service within one calendar month of the original invoice date then a late payment fee of $35 applies for the first month. Interest will be charged on a fixed rate of 10% per annum for each day that any amount remains outstanding thereafter.
- In addition to the amounts set out above, the Customer agrees to indemnify Spotless End of Lease Cleaning for all legal costs (on a solicitor and own client or full indemnity basis, whichever is greater) and any other expenses incurred by Spotless End of Lease Cleaning in connection with a demand, action, or other proceeding (including mediation, out of court settlement or any action taken for recovery of a debt from the Customer) arising out of a breach of these terms including the failure by the Customer to pay an amount by the due date.
- Spotless End of Lease Cleaning reserves the right to report any non-payment to either a collection agency and or is not limited to also reporting non-payment to the Credit Reference Association (CRA), the TICA database and or your property agent at its sole discretion and in doing this may affect your credit rating and or ability to seek rental properties in the future.
- We do not charge cancellation fees for the cancellation/re-scheduling of any service if we have been informed more than 7 days before the service is due to be conducted; otherwise a $150 cancellation/re-scheduling fee applies.
- We reserve the right to refuse any job if we deem the condition of the property is dangerous for the safety, health, or wellbeing of our staff.
- We reserve the right to re-schedule or cancel any appointment if the property is not as described either in condition or size, or if unexpected circumstances occur.
- The date and date of the clean given is approximate and we reserve the right to re-schedule the clean for anytime with the following 72 hours if unexpected circumstances occur such as a sick team member or the contractor has an emergency. If you are not happy to re-schedule the clean and wish to cancel a $250 cancellation/re-scheduling fee applies.
Bond Back Guarantee
- Our guarantee means that we will return free of charge to rectify any issues the agent has with our cleaning provided they are on our standard checklist.
- To claim this guarantee you need to email us within 72 hours (not including weekends or public holidays) with the exit report and the agents details. This will only be accepted in writing by email.
- No exceptions to the 72 hour condition unless discussed with us by email (in writing) before the clean has taken place.
- In case of any complaints regarding cleaning, customer has to provide a notice of at least 72 hours to fix the cleaning complaint.
- In the case of any cleaning complaint, we require either the customer him/her self or the property manager to check the work while our cleaners are still present on the property in order to make sure complaint has been fixed to their standard.
- All services are considered provided to a standard the customer would expect unless otherwise stated by the customer within 72 hours of the service being conducted. All complaints will be investigated and a resolution will be made to the satisfaction of the customer or a standard we deem reasonable.
- All service complaints etc must be submitted in writing by email.
- The customer must agree to allow a re-clean or an inspection of any work deemed unsatisfactory before he/she arranges third party to conduct services.
- Even though our technicians make every effort not to damage items, accidents occasionally happen. Therefore we recommend that all items of special value (either monetary or sentimental) are to be put away and/or not cleaned during this service.
- We may request access to a property where a problem has occurred within 24 hours of the service to investigate in an attempt to come to a resolution.
- We advise not to place any furniture on carpet that is not 100 % dry and shall not be liable for any damage this may cause.
- We are not responsible for any existing damage to the customer’s property that is not able to be cleaned or repaired by our technicians using standard methods of practice.
- We are fully insured and covered for every job we agree to take.
- Our team will do their best to clean kitchen appliances but please note that if they have not been regularly cleaned or there is some existing damage we are not liable for items that cannot be cleaned using standard methods.
- If you require your fridge/freezer to be cleaned, you are responsible for emptying and defrosting it in advance.
- Our gardening service estimates do not include the removal of collected waste. If you require this service, you must request it additionally.
- The Customer must inform Spotless End of Lease Cleaning of any incident where an accident, breakage, damage to property or theft has occurred due to any act of a Cleaner within 72 hours of completion of the Service.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Customer is not entitled to claim any loss for any incident if the incident is not reported to Spotless End of Lease Cleaning within 72 hours of completion of the Service.
- To the extent permitted by law, damage or loss to the following items is specifically excluded from the liability of Spotless End of Lease Cleaning under these terms and conditions: cash, jewellery, art, antiques, and items of sentimental value in which are not limited to only the above named items.
Additions and Amendments
- Any changes made to the Service provided or to be provided must be agreed by Spotless End of Lease Cleaning prior to the Service Time in writing.
- If the Customer requires any additional services or variations at the time the Service is being performed, the Customer must first contact Spotless End of Lease Cleaning by telephone or email who may agree to provide the additional services in its absolute discretion. The Cleaner is not authorised to agree to any such changes to the Service and or products being provided or used. The Customer must not request such changes directly from the Cleaner.
- If Spotless End of Lease Cleaning attends a job site with the provision that a job has been confirmed by a client and the services are no longer needed or warranted a $250 cancellation/re-scheduling fee applies
Customer Representations and Warranties
- The customer will provide a safe working environment at the Premises for the Cleaner to perform the Service
- Our cleaner will have unencumbered and unobstructed access to all areas of the Premises requiring the Service
- All cleaning equipment and materials provided by the Customer is at their sole discretion however for the safety of our team we kindly ask that these are to be both non caustic and or non toxic. We ask that any product and or equipment supplied by a customer has not been tampered with and is considered to be in full working order and accompanied with the appropriate MSDS forms and applicable licences if warranted.
- The customer will advise Spotless End of Lease Cleaning prior to the commencement of the Service of any hazards, slippery surfaces, risks or dangers, ingrained dirt, grease or grime at the Premises.
- The customer authorises Spotless End of Lease Cleaning the use of the Premises to complete the provision of Service and or services unless otherwise told to cease.
- If a Customer requires a Cleaner to clean behind or under a heavy item (i.e.; A fridge, bookshelf, or other reasonably deemed heavy item) The customer will be required to move these items prior to the commencement of the Service; Any item moved by the customer either before during or after a service will be done at the customers sole risk. Spotless End of Lease Cleaning encourages that you follow the applicable health & Safety measures to do so in a safe manner.
No Engagement of Cleaners
- The Customer acknowledges Spotless End of Lease Cleaning invests significant resources in recruiting, selecting and training its Cleaners. Unless Spotless End of Lease Cleaning gives prior written permission, the Customer must not in any way or manner directly or indirectly, engage, employ or contract with any Cleaner provided by Spotless End of Lease Cleaning for any period during which services are provided by Spotless End of Lease Cleaning or for a period of 12 months after the conclusion of any Service.
- The Customer acknowledges that Spotless End of Lease Cleaning may suffer loss and damage, including, without limitation consequential loss, as a result of a breach of this clause by the Customer.
Exclusions and Limitations
- The only conditions and warranties which are binding on Spotless End of Lease Cleaning in respect of the state, quality or condition of goods and services supplied by Spotless End of Lease Cleaning to Customers are those imposed and required to be binding by statute (including the Trade Practices Amendment Act 2010).
- To the extent permitted by statute, the liability, if any, of Spotless End of Lease Cleaning is, at Spotless End of Lease Cleaning option, limited to and completely discharged by the resupply of the Service. Spotless End of Lease Cleaning is not responsible for:
- Not completing or providing the Service as a result of a breach of a warranty by the Customer (including a failure by the Customer to provide proper materials, cleaning equipment, utility services, a safe working environment or unencumbered access to the Premises); or
- Any damages caused by defective cleaning materials or cleaning equipment provided by the Customer;
- Not completing or providing the Service as a result of the cleaner not proceeding for health and safety reasons under clause 4;
- Any loss or damage incurred by the Customer or any third party as a result of the effects of a force majeure, being any event beyond the reasonable control of Spotless End of Lease Cleaning such as extreme weather, vehicle accidents, emergencies or illness;
- Not completing or providing the Service due to an act or omission of the Customer or any other person at the Premises during provision of the Service;
- Existing dirt, wear, damage or stains that cannot be completely cleaned or removed with reasonable endeavours by Spotless End of Lease Cleaning;
- Any wear or discolouring of fabric or surfaces becoming more visible once dirt has been removed;
- The cost of any key replacement or locksmith fees, unless keys were lost by Spotless End of Lease Cleaning or the Cleaner.
- The Customer acknowledges that the results of any services provided may vary depending on a number of factors (including materials used, equipment provided, time elapsed since a premises was last cleaned, The nature of cleaning required and or not limited to permanent stains or wear and tear), and that Spotless End of Lease Cleaning gives no guarantee as to the actual results of the Service.